VINTAGE GRAND PRIX CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS UNDER 4th INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ANALOG PHOTOGRAPHY LOVERS — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL
1 .STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The VINTAGE GRAND PRIX CONTEST is organised by Fundacja FARBIARNIA (The FARBIARNIA Foundation), Pomorska 68a/1, 85-051 Bydgoszcz, Poland, National Court Register under KRS number 0000448871, NIP number: 9671356415, REGON: 341386107 (hereinafter referred to as Organizer).
The aim of the Contest is to select the most interesting projects which will be presented in the Contest Programme of the 4th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers – VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL.
Participation in the Contest is subject to a fee (registration fee).
2. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
- The Participants of the Contest (hereinafter referred to as Participants) may be individuals who submit their application to the Contest and who have full legal capacity.
- The Competition is open. The Organizer invites all photographers to submit their applications.
- Photographs submitted for the Contest must be made in photographic techniques such as: photography from film, photography from membrane, polaroid, camera obscura etc., noble and analog techniques including daguerreotype, wet collodion plate, calotype, kallitype, cyanotype, anthotype, platinotype, palladotype or digital techniques but subjected to such processes (treatment) so that their final version is related to noble techniques (e.g. through Instagram application) and so has the “vintage” look. Only coherent photographic sets can be submitted (minimum of 7 photographs). Single photographs will not be considered by the commission.
- Only one project may be submitted in a single application. Only individual projects will be accepted (group exhibitions cannot be submitted).
- The works included in the Project should be made in person, and they must not be encumbered in any way with the rights of third parties.
- The project should be submitted via email by 01.07.2018 (by 12:00 AM CET) on: firstname.lastname@example.org
The complete Project application should include:
- original project (set of 7 to maximum 12 photographs) in a digital form (JPG/TIFF format, the maximum size of all pictures in file should not exceed 10 MB), all files should be described as follows: “Last name_first name_1.jpg”
- description of the Project (the description should include information about the photographic technique in which the Project was made and artist’s bio)
- confirmation of the registration fee (photocopy, scan)
Registration fee should be paid to the Organizer’s bank account, by credit card or with PayPal. The registration fee is PLN 40 (or EUR 10 or USD 10).
Organizer’s bank account number for the bank transfers:
PL 96 1750 0012 0000 0000 2336 4123, BIC (SWIFT) code: RCBWPLPW
ul. Pomorska 68a/1
Organizer’s PayPal address:
“VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL Contest” and Participant’s full name must be included in the transfer title.
Confirmation of payment of the registration fee should be sent to the Organizer alongside with the application. In justified individual cases (difficulties in making a transfer), the time to pay the registration fee (booking on the account) will be extended by 4 days after the deadline for applications (after an advance notice is sent to the Organizer).
- If the Participant fails to pay the registration fee, his/her application will be rejected. The registration fee will not be returned to the Participants, and it will be allocated for the statutory purposes of the Organizer.
- Applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be taken into consideration.
3. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Applications must be submitted by 01.07.2018 (by 12 AM CET). Applications submitted to the Organizer’s office after the deadline will not be taken into account.
- All the applications will be evaluated by the Jury appointed by the Organizer.
- From among projects submitted by the Participants, the Jury will select three finalists. The Winner of VINTAGE GRAND PRIX will be awarded PLN 2500 (gross value). Second finalist will be awarded PLN 1500 (gross value), third finalist will be awarded PLN 1000 (gross value). Terms and method of awarding the prize will be defined in separate agreements.
The winning projects of all three finalists will be presented in a form of an exhibition during 4th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL.
As part of the finalists’ exhibitions, the Organizer will provide among others:
- the cost of production of works included in the Project OR the two-way transport of the framed works – up to the amount agreed in the separate contract
- assembly and dismantling of exhibitions
- reimbursement of travel expenses up to the amount agreed in the separate contract
- accommodation for two nights for one person during the Main Festival Weekend.
The provisions concerning the organization of the individual exhibition will be established in the agreement signed between the Organizer and the Contest Finalists after the results are announced.
The Organizer does not provide any additional remuneration associated with the organization of the exhibition.
- Upon submitting the application, the Participant declares that he/she:
- is the author of the submitted Project and holds all and unlimited copyrights to it and that the Project is free from claims from third parties.
- grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, subject to cessation, unlimited territorially license for 5 years (separate contract after this time) to use the awarded Project in order to implement and promote the 4th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL in all fields of exploitation.
The Organizer declares that the granted license will be used with respect for personal goods of the Participants.
- The Participant is responsible for all legal defects of the Project. In the event of a legitimate third-party claim against The Foundation related to the violation of copyright or personal right laws, the Author agrees to assume all the costs of possible legal proceedings, costs of legal representation, court-awarded or agreed in the settlement compensations or amends.
6 . FINAL PROVISIONS
- Persons who do not meet the requirements specified in these terms and conditions or provide false information will automatically be excluded from participation in the Contest.
- Applications which fail to comply with the provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be considered.
- All correspondence and questions regarding the Contest should be sent by an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Contest Schedule:
- announcement: 11.04.2018
- application deadline: 01.07.2018 (by 12:00 AM CET)
- notification of the Participants about the results: by 31.07.2018
- presentation of awards – VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL Opening Ceremony (05.10.2018)
- The Organizer reserves the right to suspend, modify or extend the Contest in the event of reasons beyond their control.
- The Organizer shall have the right to cancel the Contest and not to select the winner without giving any reason.
- Entering the Contest (submitting the Project) is understood as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Messages and information about the Contest will be published on: www.vintagephotofestival.com
4th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL is co-financed by The City of Bydgoszcz.