Learn how to develop black & white film and silver gelantine paper with ecofriendly alternatives
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to mix and use your own eco-friendly photo developer for both BW-film and photographic paper.
For film development, we will mix a “caffenol” developer made of instant coffee, soda and C-vitamin.
For paper development, we will mix and use a variety of natural ingredients that can be used instead of coffee, because they contain phenols that act as developer, (still using soda to achieve an alkaline pH, and C-vitamin to aid the developing).
You can read more about eco-developing, including links to best resources online on Peters blog:
– Introduction to eco-developers. How does it work?
– Mix your own Caffenol developer
– Develop your film.
– Mixing of a variety of eco-developers from teas, fruits, beer and herbs.
– Portraits taken by teacher on 4×5 “direct positive paper”
– Develop your portraits in your choice of eco developers
Included: All ingredients and materials needed for eco-developing.
Important: Bring a roll of exposed undeveloped BW film (either 35mm or 120mm).
Workshops in English.
Place: Museum of Photography Królowej Jadwigi Street 14
Date: 13.10.2019 (sunday), 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
Fee: 50 zł